Beautiful Handwoven Cotton Ilkal Saree
Check COD Availability (No COD during Lock down)
Handwoven Cotton Ilkal Saree with pure cotton body and silk by art silk palla
Running blouse piece
Saree Length : 6.2 mtrs
Width : 46 inches
Please note : This is a handwoven piece, unevenness in the knots, floats, selvedge, and weave could be expected
A little about Ilkal
- Weaving of Ilkal sarees is mostly an indoor activity. It is essentially a household enterprise involving active participation of female members. To weave one saree with the help of the handloom, it takes about 7 days.
- Ilkal traditional sarees are produced mainly on pit looms. Along with the above said yarn combination totally four different traditional designs are produced - they are Chikki Paras, Gomi, Jari and recently modified traditional design Gayathri.
- The body, pallu, and border of this piece is woven on different looms and subsequently attached with a series of loops, locally termed as the Tope Teni technique
- Once the weaving is complete, the Saree is cut off and the warping process repeated for each individual Saree, making it much more time and labour intensive than most sarees which can easily have multiple woven from one longer warp.
- A weaver requires apart from himself two others for preparatory work.
Washing and maintenance Instructions :
Dry Clean for the first wash, can be followed by separate mild hand wash and dry in shadow.
Things to remember:
This is a hand woven piece, weaving irregularities are part of the weaving process.
We try to match the colors/details of the products in the photos to the real ones, but please allow for minor color variation in the material in some cases, as sometimes the digital cameras miss the colors by a bit..